Friday, June 6, 2008

The Fruits of my labor...

As annoying as my boss can be about projects, eventually, they all get done and sent off for printing. As a designer, there is nothing quite like the feeling of having all of your sweat and blood come back to you looking beautiful and perfect! That’s just the feeling I got today when my biggest project to date arrived from the printer. I have been working for nearly 6 months perfecting our 2008 Walker Manual. (I work for a non-profit organization and most of my projects are for one of our biggest events The Light The Night Walk). From using my mediocre Photoshop skills to design a cover to writing 14 pages worth of information to creatively adding pictures and lines and color to make it look great. This project went through about 4 transformations – and we finally ended up back at a version of the first idea I had. I am very proud of my work – and have already slide one of these little guys away into my “portfolio” folder to use someday when I am searching for a new job.

It almost erases all of the crap I was put through in completeing this project – almost – to see it in it’s final form. I can’t wait to get these babies out in the mail and in the hands of the thousands of people who will breifly glance and the cover and throw it away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate you leaving me a comment! Have a great day!