Monday, January 5, 2009

Resolutions Part 2: Work

Beyond my goals (resolutions) for my personal life, I think it's a good idea for me to set some goals for my work life as well.

1. Actually take a lunch break. Most days I eat at my desk and work through lunch. Maybe I will bring a book and read for awhile or run errands over lunch, just do something that won't allow me to work during lunch. So I need to be away from my computer so I'm not answering calls or checking email. I get an hour for lunch, I will start with trying to take 30 minutes each day.

2. Get more organized. Go through my files and clean out old stuff, both on the computer and in my desk. Working on 2-3 campaigns at a time allows me to just toss stuff somewhere to get it out of the way. To accomplish this, 15 minutes before I leave each day I will take the time to put away all projects.

3. De-clutter. I have so much crap around my office, it's a mess! I will start by moving things that I don't need in here to their proper place -either the storage closet or work room. I can walk down the hall if I need envelopes or letterhead, I don't need it all in my office all the time. This will also be accomplished with goal 2: putting everything away at the end of the day.

4. Be on top of things. I am really bad about turning in expense reports, filling out my time sheet and tracking my time off. I need to get into a routine of doing these things more often. I will set a calendar reminder for my time sheet to go off an hour before I leave each day and another to go off on Friday afternoons for my expense reports. I am using a red pen on my personal calendar to mark my time off by what type of time I am taking to make it easier to track.

And there you go, 4 goals for my work life for the new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate you leaving me a comment! Have a great day!