Thursday, June 5, 2008

It's about damn time!

Back when I was a little girl, way too little to attend a concert on my own, my bedroom walls were plastered with posters of the New Kids On The Block, their cassettes were always blaring out of my boom box and I was convinced I would marry Joey Mcintire. By the time I was old enough to convince my parents to let me go to a concert with my friends, NKOTB had broken up and all I had left were the lyrics to Favorite Girl and my posters.

Fast forward a decade and a half or so. Listening to my favorite radio morning show, I hear the words I didn't know I wanted to hear" New Kids On The Block: Reunited. I picked up my phone, and as I am dialing my BFF's number - the phone rings and she's on the other line. Both of us are waaaay more excited then we should be, as we vow to go to the concert when they came to town. Sure, I have long moved on from my crush on Joey, but that wouldn't stop me from singing The Right Stuff along with the boys at the top of my not-so-pretty sounding vocal cords!

This past Monday, tickets went on sale. Within 2 hours, over half the tickets were gone, and all of the affordable seats were long sold out (Not nearly as quick as say, Hannah Montana, but pretty good for a band that's been MIA for over 10 years)! After work, my BFF called me up - and told me the good news: We got tickets!!!
Make fun of me if you want, laugh at me and call me a nerd - I don't care. I get the chance to fulfill a childhood dream - and one that I never thought I'd get the opportunity to acheive!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate you leaving me a comment! Have a great day!