Wednesday, May 28, 2008

My very own video game.

I'm not the kind of girl who can sit down in front of the TV playing a video game for hours on end day after day and enjoy myself. Sure, there are a few games out there that I enjoy (Super Monkey Ball anyone?), but 30 minutes or so, and I'm out. I don't get mad at my TV, I don't scream or yell or bang things against the floor in frustration. I get bored. I quit. My fiance is my total opposite, he does all of the above, it's a stress reliever for him. He plays some game a minimum of 30 minutes (often longer) a day 6/7 days a week. I don't hold it against him, as long as I can have the comfy chair when I want it and his attention when I need it.

This weekend I went shopping and now it will be a fight for which one of us gets the TV/Game system (longevity vs. bitchy female!). That's right, I found a game that I will play for lengthy periods of time, multiple times a week. Hogging the TV, and most of the living room floor. Dance Dance Revolution! I can't get enough of those arrows, the beat and stomping around like a maniac. I love feeling a little out of breath and exhausted when I finish. I feel like a superstar (even though I look like and idiot)! "Perfect!" "65 Combo!" "A!" I love it.
The best part about the game is that it's more than a game. I can "play" it. There are levels to beat, challenges to pass and points to earn - but it's also a work out. A work out I can do in my own living room - and one I can enjoy. (For those of you who know me, I'm not trying to lose any weight - just build my endurance. For those of you who don't know me, I'm a measly 112 pound twenty-something who can't seem to pack on a pound for the life of me. Don't hate me.) I look forward to hiding from the fresh air and sun this summer and beating away on the floor of my apartment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate you leaving me a comment! Have a great day!