Friday, May 23, 2008

Relinquish Control? I don't think so!

In just under 3 months, I will be a married woman. As of August 22, I will have spent just over 18 months planning the wedding of my (our) dreams. The idea of hiring a wedding planner never crossed my mind. I'm a "I'll do it myself thank you very much" kinda girl. Early on, we made the decision to forgo a DJ for a newer trend - the iPod wedding. I was looking forward to sitting down with Mike and picking out hours of music that we liked. No fear of hearing a song we hate, no worries about a DJ with a bad attitude - and best of all, it would cost us virtually nothing. Afterall, we both own iPods.

But, over the past few weeks reality has set in. I can't really do it all alone, I have so many partially finished projects laying around. Boxes of supplies - it's going to be an adventure sorting through it all and making sure I have it all going to the right place at the right time. The last thing I needed was to worry about having the iPod, all proper cables and cords, someone to hook it up and someone to switch it to the proper playlist for the time of evening. Plus, do you have any idea how long it could take to figure out 6 hours of music!

So, swallowing my pride, I suggested to Mike last night that we bit the bullet and hire someone to deal with the music portion of the evening for us. With little to no hesitation - he agreed. Sure, I am feeling a little strange for relinquishing control over the sound of the night, but in reality - I couldn't be more excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate you leaving me a comment! Have a great day!