Thursday, June 19, 2008

I'm not [really] a germ-a-phobe...

I just hate public bathrooms. I hate them with a passion and will avoid using them by all means possible. Occasionally I have to suck it up, take a deep breath and do it BUT my behind never touches the seat and I scrub up an shower as soon as possible because I just feel nasty!

About 9 months ago I started a new job. There are about 20 people in my office, and another 50 or so on the floor and we all share one public restroom. Gross. I've gotten really good at holding in my 2+ cups of coffee and can of diet soda every day - running quickly to the bathroom when I got home. Sure, there were some days I couldn't make it that long, but I sure did my best!

This week was a landmark week for me. I managed to march down to the ladies room and use it, twice, (once with someone in the stall next to me (something else I hate, I don't want to listen to you pee....and I don't want you to listen to me! Oh, and don't even THINK about talking!!!)). Sure, I am only comfortable in the corner stall, and prefer it when there is noone else in there with me; but it's good to know that if I want to, I can go!

So raise your cup to me today - the girl who can finally pee at work!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate you leaving me a comment! Have a great day!