Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Happiness with a side of stress please, thank you!

I returned to work after our honeymoon on Friday, I figured Fridays are easy days, it would be a nice way to ease back into things. I wasn't nearly that lucky. About 2 hours after arriving at the office, I headed into a staff meeting. It was during this meeting that I was informed that my boss will be leaving our organization 1 week prior to our big event.

Does this make me happy? Absolutly. Does it piss me off and make me want to rip out every hair in my head after reading the "edited staff assignment list." You better believe it.

As someone on the lower end of the totem pole, my list is twice anyone elses because my boss's work was passed down to the next in line etc. until the person above me had her work passed on to me with no one to take over my work. Leaving me with neverending to-do lists, tasks I don't understand and late night and weekend hours quickly filling up my personal life.

Come mid-October, when the Light The Night Walk is over for another year, I will go out for a round of drinks with anyone who will join me to celebrate "no more stupid #$%&*ing boss" - but until then...I'll be lucky if there's time to sleep. Now, I just need to hope that the replacement isn't worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate you leaving me a comment! Have a great day!