Friday, December 5, 2008

Opportunity Knocks

A position in my office has opened up. The job posting went out internally today, and I feel I am a perfect fit. I don't want to be doing exactly what I am doing forever, and really think that this is the perfect opportunity for me. 

I am nervous, I know I would do great and I think I'll lose some confidence in myself if I don't get it. It would be a promotion for me - my managers have told me with previous open positions that I should apply, but they haven't been right for me. (One was just too much of a jump forward, I wasn't ready for it. The other included a lot of travel, nights and weekend hours that I am not willing to do at this point in my life). 

I am really excited about this chance, and hope that the directors are as well. It includes much more of what I want to be doing and less of what I need to do to get there. It is more real work, less busy work. I don't want to be an "assistant" for the rest of my life. I have put in my time as an intern and spent a year plus at the bottom. I believe it's my turn to move up. 

This is the third time a position has opened up that I am qualified for, but the first one that I have absolutely no doubt about going for. I feel that I can do it all and then some. 

Wish me luck, I'm nervous about this step - but really, I have nothing to lose; and only a great job to gain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate you leaving me a comment! Have a great day!