Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Thank You

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who took the time to think of me and my family yesterday. It's a hard day for all of us, a day to remember both the good times and the sadness that it brings.

I truly appreciated all of the emails, facebook messages and phone calls that you took the time to send. I also appreciate those of you who thought of us in silence. As you read my letter, checked my status or just remembered on your own. Thank you.

As I was winding down for the night last night, after a long day, I had a revelation that truly brought peace and allowed me to fall asleep happy. On December 2, 2006 I lost my dad. A wonderful man, a man that made my life a better one, a supportive wonderful father who filled a void in my life that I never thought possible. A man I truly loved with all of my heart. He was not my biological father though, as most of you know. He adopted me and made me his - a day I will never forget. The day he adopted me was a wonderful day. We went to court, signed the paperwork and changed my name and my life forever. We celebrated with a fancy dinner, my dad got me flowers and I finally felt like I had a real family - that day is one of the top 5 best days of my life. That day was December 2, 1997. Yes, I realized long ago that both events happened on the same day. In fact, that's why the actual day of his death took a little more out of me. It was supposed to be a day of celebration, not of sadness. My revelation? I can still have both. I can still celebrate the happiness and joy that December 2nd has meant to me for the 9 wonderful years I spent with my dad - and instead of mourning all day, I can take at least a few minutes to be happy and remember the good.

Thanks again, everyone - for everything. I love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate you leaving me a comment! Have a great day!